Manisha Koirala receives GOD award for helping earthquake victims
Actress Manisha Koirala has received ‘Nepal’s Humanitarian Ambassador’ award at the 3rd Global Official of Dignity Awards in New York on August 7.
The award was presented to her for her humanitarian works after the earthquake which shook the Nepal on April 25.
The GOD Awards are given to outstanding individuals or organizations for their work in Empowerment, Eradication of Poverty, Global Peace, Green Environment, Health, Human Rights and Human Trafficking.
Koirala expressed her gratitude for the award and also stated that it was ‘an opportunity to empower the victims of Nepal Earthquake.’
Other reputed people who received awards from the evening are as below:
- Dr Hari Prasad Kanoria for ‘Global Man of the Year’ award
- Hany Aziz Henein Tadroz for ‘Peace Icon of Middle-East’ award
- Iman Mutlaq for ‘Middle-East Woman of the Year’ award
- Princess Asharaje Gaekwad for ‘Asia’s Royal Woman of the Year’ award
- Dr Ken Hansraj for ‘Lifetime Achievement Award on Global Spine Health and Philanthropy’ award
- Dr Ashok Gupta for ‘Lifetime Achievement on Health and Philanthropy’ award
- Jeff Goonewardena for ‘Sri Lanka’s Humanitarian Ambassador’ award
- Dr Joel Wallach for ‘Lifetime Achievement on Natural Medicine and Philanthropy’ award
- Maureen Brindle for ‘Humanitarian Ambassador on Literary Arts’ award
- Rahul Varma for ‘Indian Humanitarian Ambassador’ award
- Claire Murphy for ‘USA Humanitarian Ambassador’ award